PBMA'S H. V. Desai Eye Hospital set up in the year 2000, has now become a base for all prevention of blindness activities as well as vital research in eye care under one roof. The specialized eye care service matches the best and is provided with compassion and kindness. It has gained widespread acclaim, both nationally and internationally.
Since inception of H. V. Desai Eye Hospital up to December 2015, we have examined 27.74 lacs patients in our OPD and operated 4.12 lacs patients. This was possible only because of timely help by INGO's like CBM, ORBIS International, Helpage, Sight Savers International, Rotary International, Fred Hollows Foundation and Lions Club besides many other friends and well wishers.
H.V.Desai Eye Hospital has become a platform where eminent ophthalmologists, representatives from Government, different welfare agencies and media come together on one platform and discuss issues related to eye care and prevention of blindness.
- Providing comprehensive quality eye care without discrimination, between free and payment Cases.
- Reach out program up to 350 km from hospital (Community Ophthalmology Institute)
- Providing free treatment to more than 60 % cases.
- Imparting postgraduate and paramedical training.
- Research center to promote research projects.
- Super specialty services in Cornea, Vitreo Retina, Medical retina, Glaucoma,Oculoplasty, Low Vision, Contact Lens & Pediatric Ophthalmology.